Beat the Override 2 Devs and Win a Prize in This Weekend’s Contest!
This weekend, get ready to put metal to metal and compete to win prizes by queueing in up Override 2: Super Mech League to take on the developers of the game. To celebrate the free weekend on Steam and Xbox, members of the Modus Studios Brazil and Modus Games team will be matchmaking with random users in the Override 2 community. If you are able to best them in battle, you can win a free deck of Override 2 trading cards!
Here’s how it works:
- Any time between Thursday, April 29 and Sunday, May 2, queue up for a match in Override 2: Super Mech League on Steam, Xbox, or PlayStation.
- Look for the following usernames from members of the MSB and Modus Games team:
- If you compete against and defeat one of the above users, screenshot the post-match screen and post it to Twitter or Instagram with #BeatTheO2Devs and then follow Modus_Games on the platform you’ve shared it on (so that we can reach out via DM!).
We will randomly select 20 winners who share their screenshots by Sunday, May 2 at 11:59pm PDT. Winners will be announced Monday, May 3! Winners must respond within 48 hours of the initial message and verify their mailing address. See below for full rules and conditions.
If you don’t own Override 2: Super Mech League yet, it’s now available on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam! Learn more at www.override2.com.
Rules and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of Override 2 #BeatTheO2Devs is Modus Games
- Eligibility: Override 2 #BeatTheO2Devs is only open to those who are 13 years of age as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Canada, United Kingdom, and United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees, independent contractors, interns, officers, directors, and agents of Modus Games (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, the contestant (“You”) agree to comply with and abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the Sponsor’s decisions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this campaign. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the Sweepstakes.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at on 29 April, 2021 12:00AM PST and ends at on 2 May, 2021 at 11:59PM PST (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting a screenshot of a post-match screen showing you have defeated one of the Modus Studios Brazil or Modus Games employees with the following in-game usernames (Kaelliam, Hoagie, NPC, Bisco, aG.Hill, gabriel.cataldi, Aragatti, Vyeung76, Smoke_Max) on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #BeatTheO2Devs. Users must also follow Modus Games on the account they entered from on the platform they submitted their entry through. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the Sweepstakes, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prizes: The winner(s) of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”) will receive the following prizes:
- 20 winner(s) will receive a pack of Override 2 trading cards. (Estimated value $15 USD)
Actual/appraised value of prizes may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except for at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non transferable. Substitution of the prize or transfer/assignment of the prize to others or request for the cash equivalent of the prize by the Winner is not permitted. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected by Random Draw under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Winner will be notified within 7 days of the winner selection. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Winner’s must have the ability to be messaged on the social media platform from which they have entered. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt of the prize offered in this Campaign by the Winner is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Sponsor’s sole discretion will result in the Winner’s disqualification as winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that the Sponsor and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Modus Games from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Modus Games may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorised human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to release and hold harmless Modus Games and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) unauthorised human intervention in any part of the Sweepstakes; (iii) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (iv) technical errors of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (v) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (vi) printing errors; (vii) lost, late, postage due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail.
- Disputes: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of United States, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. By participating in this Campaign, you agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in United States having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes). You further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To request a copy of the winners list please contact the Sponsor. Requests must be sent within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks that are used to share the Sweepstakes. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of the Sweepstakes and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social networks.
- Acceptance of Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, You have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions.